100% Biobased Biodegradable & Compostable Capsules
Fresh coffee from the convenience of a pod coffee machine has become a popular product for many Australians, but it’s not without an environmental cost. Many of the standard coffee pods are made from un-recyclable plastics that end up in landfills and it can deter potential customers.
At Capsule Pack we now provide biodegradable & compostable coffee pod capsule for roasters to service their environmentally conscious clientele. This means your customers can enjoy the convenience of single serve, locally produced coffee, guilt-free.
Our BioCap Biodegradable & Compostable Capsules are made from a patented plant based composite. Our BioCaps are bio based so they are biodegradable. They are biodegradable compostable according to EN13432 standard and are fully derived from renewable resources. Our capsule will break down by themselves in less than 180 days in industrial compost. You can simply throw the capsule in your standard rubbish collection bin after use or send them to a composting facility to be made into usable compost. The capsules are heat sealed for mess-free ease of use with lids that are also sourced from biodegradable materials.
This means they’re perfect for environmentally conscious businesses looking to provide coffee drinkers with an eco-friendly product that doesn’t compromise on quality.
Our Biodegradable & Compostable Coffee BioCaps are;
- 100% Biobased
- 100% Biodegradable
- 100% Compostable
- Food contact approved
- Nespresso machine compatible
- Selection of capsule colours available for special orders
Compostable Coffee Pods according to EN 13432
A compostable product is one that can be degraded biologically with other organic waste in an individual or industrial compost without release toxic products, but leave nutrient for new crops.
EN13432 standard, a harmonized European standard published in 2000, defines and frames the characteristics of packaging and recyclable products through biodegradation and composting. The requirements of the EN13432 standard for biodegradable and compostable products are mainly reflected in four aspects:
- Biodegradation: 90% biodegradation in less than two months to be achieved
- Disintegration: fragmentation and complete loss of visibility in the final compost
- Composition: A maximum rate defined volatile solids, heavy metals must be respected
- Ecotoxicity: The quality of the compost should not be changed and the residue should not be toxic to the environment.
Average time needed for decomposition per product
We offer a variety of packaging options:
Into a Sleeve
- The sleeve film* is required to maintain the oxygen barrier and shelf life of the product.
- There is a range of colours to identify different blends for your brand if required.
- They can then be packed directly into a shipper for you to pack at your facility or we have a wide variety of packaging options for you to choose from.
- We have generic retail boxes available that can be labelled with your brand!.
- It's cost effective, available NOW and ideal for those not wanting to invest in large packaging runs.
- Label collaboratively designed for you using our high quality in-house label machine.
Available in Recyclable Kraft or Recyclable Matt Black
Own Branded Box
- You supply your boxes to us for packing
- Capsule Pack can manage the packing for you
- 8-12 week production time
*The sleeve film is not biodegradable.